There are no qualifications required to undertake PAT testing, and there are many different types of training courses available including City & Guilds.
First Stop Safety offers 4 types of training:-
Half Day PAT Training Course
- no previous experience required
- perfect for those starting an ‘in-house’ PAT training regime in schools, offices or care homes for example
- ideal for anyone who wants to check used electrical items before selling them on e.g. charity shops
Click here for information about the Half Day PAT Training course
Full Day Competency Training Course
- delivers a more comprehensive & fuller understanding of PAT testing
- ideal for those providing PAT testing as a service to others
- highly practical course
Click here for information about the Full Day Competency course
Money Off A PAT Tester
If you purchase a delegate place on either our half day or full day PAT Training course you will receive £20.00 off the cost of any of our PAT Testers.
If you have a number of people requiring PAT training we can come to your premises and present the popular Half Day PAT course.
Special courses can be provided for organisations selling on used electrical goods. Please click here for more information or call 01904 791050
for a quotation.
Online PAT Testing Course & Test with Certificate
- 10 easy to understand modules using video clips
- additional tests can be purchased
Click here for more information about the PAT Training Course
First Stop Safety PAT training courses are based on guidelines from the Health & Safety Executive and the IET Code of Practice. For advice on the best type of course for you call 01904 791050 or have a look at our PAT Training Comparison Chart.
City & Guilds 2377-22/32 Combined Course
Some organizations or employers may insist on a City & Guilds qualification. This course is ideal for anyone requiring a Level 3 combined award from City & Guilds prior to PAT testing, or for anyone wishing to demonstrate their proficiency in PAT testing with an award.
Click here for more information on the City & Guilds course
C&G 2377 training makes extensive use of the IET Code of Practice and it is recommended that anyone taking the course has read the CoP. To purchase a copy click on the link below.