MemoryPAT Download Utility
The MemoryPAT Download Utility is supplied FREE by First Stop Safety for your newly purchased MemoryPAT or MemoryPAT-Blu.
This Utility will allow you to download test results from your tester and export them to either .CSV (Comma seperated file) or .XLSX (Microsoft Excel 2007 onwards or earlier with the compatibility pack)
USB Port Current Requirements
The MemoryPAT will reliably connect with USB 3.0 ports which are capable of delivering 900mA charging current. Connection to USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 ports which are only capable of delivering up to 500mA is not guaranteed and will vary from device to device and potentially from port to port on the same device.
Connection to powered USB hubs should be successful as these can typically deliver up to 1.5A current.
Windows Operating System Versions
The software is in three versions:
- Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 32-bit
- Windows 8 and 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit
You must download the relevant version otherwise the software will not install and function.
How to install the MemoryPAT Download Utility
Windows XP, Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) & Windows 8 and 8.1 32-bit Version
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT CONNECT THE TESTER TO THE COMPUTER UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO. Connecting the computer and the tester too soon may cause the download utility to not operate correctly.
1. Download the latest version of the MemoryPAT Download Utility EXE file (including MemoryPAT drivers).
Note a: The software requires the .NET 4.0 framework which will be downloaded/installed by the setup if you do not already have it installed.
Note b: If you have problems with the .exe file then please try downloading the MemoryPAT Download Utility ZIP file (including MemoryPAT drivers).
2. Install the software by running the downloaded file. To help you with that we have created a short video. DO NOT CONNECT THE TESTER UNTIL AFTER THE INSTALLATION
3. Once the installation has finished, re-boot your computer.
4. After your computer has finished re-booting, connect the MemoryPAT to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
5. Check that the drivers are correctly installed by running the Windows Device Manager application (found in Control Panel - Hardware and Sound).
The top image below shows a successful connection. If the yellow triangle appears, as in the lower image below, then disconnect and re-connect the USB cable. (Note: the number of the assigned COM port is unimportant)
5. Launch the MemoryPAT download utility.
Windows 8 and 8.1 64-bit Version
1. Download the latest version of the Win 8 64-bit MemoryPAT Download Utility Zip file (including MemoryPAT drivers and installation instructions).
2. Extract the contents of the zip file.
3. Follow the installation instructions in the PDF file "MemoryPAT Win 8 and 8.1 64 installation instructions". This PDF document will be located in the directory that you specified when extracting the zip file contents.
Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit Version
1. Download the latest version of the Windows 10 MemoryPAT Download Utility Zip file (including MemoryPAT drivers and installation instructions).
2. Extract the contents of the zip file. (Take note of the location you extract them to).
3. Follow the installation instructions in the PDF file "MemoryPAT Win 10 Installation Instructions". This PDF document will be located in the directory that you specified when extracting the zip file contents.
PLEASE NOTE: Installing on Windows 10 is very different and you MUST follow the step by step instructions to successfully install the MemoryPAT Download Utility.
How do I use the software?
Once you have installed the software and connected the unit you are ready to run the software.
There are 2 ways to run the software. You can either use the desktop icon or run it using the start menu.
For details on how to use our MemoryPAT Download Utility watch the Demonstration video
Frequently Asked Questions
The software tells me the MemoryPAT could not be found.
If you see the error message when executing the MemoryPAT software chances are that the drivers for the MemoryPAT have not initialised as expected. To solve this disconnect the MemoryPAT from the USB and the reconnect it. If this does not work try restarting the computer then connecting the MemoryPAT.
I don't have the MemoryPAT and hence cannot access my CSV or XLSX files through the software.
If you don't have the MemoryPAT device then the software will not start, to access previously exported data you can go to the "My Documents" folder then find the MemoryPAT folder. Inside this folder you will find both the CSV files and XLSX files.
Microsoft Excel won't open the XLSX files, why?
XLSX files are designed for Microsoft Excel 2007 or above. They can however be opened in earlier versions (as you may have seen in the demonstration video) but to do this you will need to download and install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats