This 20-page PDF document has answers to Frequently Asked Questions on Portable Appliance Testing.
Below are some of the questions covered in this download:
- What is PAT testing and why do I have to do it?
- What types of appliances should be PAT tested?
- What sort of things can go wrong with appliances?
- Do I have to be an electrician to PAT test?
- What type of tester should I use?
- What does Class II mean?
- What does Class I mean?
- Are some appliances more prone to damage than others?
- Are some workplaces more dangerous than others?
- How often do I have to test?
- What do you mean by inspection?
- How can other members of staff help?
- Am I to blame if someone gets a shock?
- What about appliances brought in by visitors or staff?
- Can I save money by PAT testing myself?
- Can I PAT test for someone else?
- Do I have to test Microwaves for leakage?
The guide also has information on Portable Appliance Testers, training, adaptors and accessories.